Dixie PREP motivates and prepares high-achieving students in grades 6-8 for success in school and future careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields. Dixie PREP is a NO COST seven-week summer STEM program for students in and around Washington County. Underrepresented, females, and first
generation students are encouraged to apply.
Students attend Dixie PREP for three consecutive summers. The program runs Monday – Friday. Fridays are reserved for field trips and special educational events.
Each child will be allowed four absences before dismissal from the program.
In the past, Field Trip Fridays have been optional but this is no longer the case. A large portion of our budget goes toward funding these field trips and we feel that the experiences are pivotal to student success within the program. Missing a field trip day will now count towards a student’s four allotted absences.
Program Admission Requirements:
All Participants must:
- Currently be enrolled in 6th grade.
- Fill out the application and submit all other necessary application items.
- Have a 90% or better in mathematics class.
- Be in good standing in all courses.
- Attend all 7 weeks of Dixie PREP. A maximum of 4 absences are allowed.
- Arrange transportation to and from Dixie PREP and bring a lunch daily.
- Complete daily homework assignments.
Would you like to join Dixie PREP in Year 2 (and you did not complete the previous year)? Follow these steps to apply:
- Turn in the application and submit all other necessary paperwork.
- Must have a 90% in mathematics class.
- Be in good standing in all classes.
- Learn Logic course material and score at least 55% on the Logic post test.
Please contact Jessica Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.